Monday, April 5, 2010

Week 8: Fish and Seafood

Personal Observations: Killing the lobster was one of the weirdest things I’ve done. It totally wigged me out at first how after you killed the lobster it would still move. Apparently if you pet the lobster on the head before you stab it, it helps calm the lobster down so it doesn’t squirm as much. That little trick was very helpful. So I killed two lobsters. I had Ashley show me how to do it first, and then it was a piece of cake. We were given the liberty to be a little creative with our lobster dishes because there isn’t too much to boiling lobster. So, we grilled and made our boiled lobster into a sauce.


My group didn’t get a chance to make Calamari because we ran out of squid. I was a little disappointed but I can always make it at home to impress my friends and family.

But honestly the most daunting thing was fabricating the Salmon. We didn’t do the best of jobs, but we were able to salvage a lot of it. I was very proud of how everything turned out. Our Salmon pieces were all roughly the same size.

Chef comments: All of our dishes had excellent flavor and texture with the exception of the Salmon en Papillote which was over cooked a little.

No comments: