Saturday, July 2, 2011

Playing Personal Chef in California

As we all anxiously await the arrival of my twin nephews, Clark and Alex, I've been playing the personal Chef to the parents-to-be.  It's been a wonderful experience.  So far I've made Milanese with a Mushroom Cream Sauce, Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Potatoes, Watermelon Salad with a Dijon Vinaigrette, Sauteed Green Beans for dinner Wednesday and Thursday; Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast on Thursday; Waffles with Strawberries and Whipped Cream for breakfast on Friday; and Pan-seared Steak with a butter wine sauce for dinner on Friday.  For breakfast this morning I'm gonna make omelettes, and for dinner I'm gonna make a Pasta dish with Italian Sausage and Spinach. I love that I'm able to cook for fun and not for school, and cooking for my family is even better.  I'm here for another week, so I'm sure I'll be able to come up with some other culinary creations.

No comments: